This was a great PUN that one of my friends said to me that really sums up something that happened! On my second night home from the hospital, having McKenna by c-section, half of us ended up in the Emergency Room and the other half of us back at the friends' house who'd cared for them while I was in the hospital the first time. I had started the evening with a pain in my back that was moving to include my side and lower pelvic region. And, it was getting worse and worse. Jeremy was very concerned and decided to take me in. By the time we arrived at the ER, I could barely walk. After a blessing, some great drugs (vicadin, morphine, AND something that starts with "T"), and a few expensive ($1300 and something EACH--thanks Blue Cross/Blue Shield) CT scans they were able to determine that I had a blocked kidney stone. I ended up passing it. Hence, the pun, "this too shall pass"!
However, that was not the end. McKenna had arrived three weeks early. She arrived the day before my baby shower. My two good friends, Brett and Michelle, called EVERYONE and rescheduled it for two weeks later. Unfortunately, I received my second (of my life) blocked kidney stone that morning. They had to call everyone AGAIN, and cancel--sorry guys! I ended up in surgery that evening to have it lasered and to have a stint put in. The stint came out today. We are still hoping that "this too will pass" and not more stones that are still up there! (Those will be taken care of soon.)
1 comment:
Hope thats the last of them! Can't believe you showed up to her party the next day! What a mom!
Post a Comment