Friday, June 15, 2012

Last Day & Graduation

Today was finally the last day of school for Allison and Madison (and it came a few days early since we didn't use all the built-in snow days).  There they are on the left today, and on the right for the first day.  Compare them with the line going horizontally across the middle of the storm door.  I promise I was standing in the same place and I haven't grown.

Allison also had a 6th grade graduation ceremony this morning.  The students were recognized for some of their additional accomplishments.  Today, Allison was also recognized for being a Safety Patrol captain, serving on WNES news, getting a National  Fitness Award, and earning an Excellent Reader Award.  (I missed the description on the last one as Parker had to use the restroom...)  Because I had Parker and McKenna with me, and no Jeremy, for a two-hour (yes!) ceremony, we sat in the very, very back.  Thank goodness for 24x camera zoom and that we got the "front row" for the Recessional!






We will round out the rest of the day with a "water play" party with a group of church friends, Aunt Cari coming to babysit, and Jeremy arriving late for some weekend festivities (final home projects, belated birthday, and Father's Day...before going back).

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Holy cow they grew a TON!! I'm totally doing a last day of school picture next school year to compare to the 1st day that I always take - great idea!

by Kimberlee St. Clair said...

That is a huge amount of growth... Isn't it amazing what one year can do?

Celeste said...

Great idea to take a first and last day of school picture. I'm stealing it! And wow. They really did change a lot over the year. That's crazy.