Thursday, March 29, 2012

March Madness

  • paid big $$$ for a new heat pump (the outside portion of the A/C-heat unit)
  • got the chimney trim and pipes coming out of the roof fixed
  • finally got the couch cushion ripped seam sewn back together
  • Skype'd with friends from GA currently doing an MBA in UT
  • McKenna put herself to bed one night (this is beyond monumental!)
  • Allison attended her first "mini-Youth Conference" and her first YW Broadcast
  • Allison got new women's Nike's size 8 (previously women's Nike size 6...you do the math)
  • Madison had her first orthodontic adjustment (her teeth had moved very nicely from initial placement)
  • Planned and executed another RS Birthday Dinner
  • Received official word on move to Singapore (trying to get packing date of first week of July and began looking into school registration, property management, etc. etc.)
  • Parker ran full, sprinting force into a tree (if you'd seen it you would have thought we'd been in the ER or OR within hours, but he was fine)
  • the kids' tourist passport were applied for
  • Madison's school IEP was finalized (not finished) for a learning disability...she has difficulty processing intructions without a visual aide and multi-step directions
  • found out Allison grew 5 inches in the last 12 months

4 comments:

WendyJ said...

Sounds like you've been busy! Good luck with your upcoming move.

Liz said...

Wow, five inches. How tall is Allison? Chloe wears women's nine. Sounds like a busy month.

by Kimberlee St. Clair said...

Holy cow. That is a ton of noteworthy stuff. It is AMAZING how fast kids grow, especially their feet. Malachi is 11 and wearing a 10.5 mens shoe... ridiculous. I'm excited about your move to Singapore.

Brett M said...

Wow - I'm honored that we made it on your bullet list :-) and sorry I'm so late to read it. I really am trying to do better!

Also, I can't believe Allison has grown so fast. Holy cow! I'm expecting some big growth spurts for Cat and Jack soon, neither of them have grown very much this year. Is UT stunting their growth??

And how great that you have a diagnosis for Madison. Seems like that's half the battle.