Monday, June 29, 2009

the car blessing



We've been blessed to have this vehicle sitting in our driveway for the past week or so. It belonged to a friend of ours. It was an extra vehicle of theirs. It is paid for and in pretty good condition, especially for one to be given away to someone who could use it. We were blessed to be a part of the process of finding a new home for it with someone within our church.

The person who received it is someone who had a job, but no transportation. I do not know much about her. The two Bishops of the two congregations here put their heads together to think of people and decide on the one that was in most need. She was very blessed to receive such a large blessing to her life. She did not know that she was receiving it. She found out yesterday when the car, keys and title were handed to her. Jeremy and I had the opportunity of seeing her just a moment after this occurred. To me, she could not stop smiling, yet had a look on her face that she could not comprehend that this had actually just taken place. I know that it will be nothing but a blessing for her life now.

May our neighbors, friends, and children, who inquired of it while sitting in our driveway, not forget this generosity. Thanks for the "car blessing" that I hope to never forget.

1 comment:

Brett M said...

wow--I had no idea. That's wonderful!!