Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Thankful for clothes


This bin is full of all of Parker's 3-6 month baby clothes. (Minus the one Gymboree frog outfit with matching shoes and hat that I could not part with!) My goal for this year was to de-clutter and part with things that were either excessive or not being used. Several of my friends had started this as a game to get rid of 100 things. I got rid of toys, lamps, furniture, crafty stuff...and some clothes. I am still working on the clothes! Any winter kids clothes that we had came with us. I thought we'd be able to get rid of them better here, than in Georgia. I'd had three, yes three, baby showers with both, yes both, girls, but was not near so fortunate with Parker. However, we were fortunate enough to be able to purchase our own really nice stuff (Carter's, OshKosh, Gap, Disney, and Gymboree...I looked...not even ONE thing from Target, etc. in THIS bin!) Did you notice the matching Dumbo shoes for the Dumbo outfit? On the bottom, there's even a fleece snow-suit with tags still on them! I also really liked the cute checkered button-down shirts with matching vests and khaki pants for church. However, we do not need them anymore. One Sunday, I noticed that there was a young couple in our church who were having their first child...I can remember the $$$ for the "firsts". I found out that she is having a boy in a couple weeks. I called her to see if she had bought or received anything in the size that I had. She'd gotten things in the size below and the size above, and was so excited to hear about what I had! I thought it was perfect! She'll get a whole wardrobe of clothes that she needs...I'm thankful for our clothes!

No comments: