Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Useful People


It's always good to marry a "useful person." But, "handy" must not have been terribly high on the priority list when dating...because Jeremy can do lots of things, but he's more handy on world-wide job things than he really is around the house. (In his defense, he has put up a fence, built a room, put new brakes on one of the cars, changed an alternator, landscaped a whole yard, painted a 2800 square foot house, fixed a toilet, helped countless others move, etc. etc.) I lucked out when it came to his father, an electrician. He visited us this past week, mostly to see us and the area. However, we had a few projects for him! It was great that he changed out some fixtures for us, because I learned all about 80s pancake boxes vs. regular boxes for 2009 fixtures. Jeremy would have run up to Lowe's about five times to ask questions to get those done. And, it was great that he put in two light/fan combos where there hadn't been anything. I learned more than I understand on re-routing and red, white, and black wires. He also took out a light in the master bathroom and installed a light/vent in its place. Jeremy and I would have spent about $1000 in fees to have this done for us. Thanks, Dean!

No comments: