Thursday, March 25, 2010

Groceries

I am so proud of myself that I had to blog about this one!



I spent about $88 at the grocery store and saved about $110 today! One of the grocery stores near us sends out weekly coupons. Each week I have a coupon for spend $50 and get $10, or $20 off. I have one of each. Also, they had a pretty good "BOGO free" sale on a few things that we needed/eat anyways. (The strawberries were "Buy One get Two Free." I didn't care that I already had three in the fridge!) This week they are also tripling any coupons 99 cents or below. (I went in search of the Pepperidge Farm cookies just to use that coupon!)

So, for those of you who I know are squinting your eyes to see everything I purchased, here's the list: Pepperidge Farm (double-chocolate layer!) Milano cookies, 5-count Kraft Mac n Cheese, Toy Story Cheez-itz, 2 Bertolli spaghetti sauce, large Froot Loops and Apple Jacks, 5 Dole Mandarin oranges, Ortega 8" tortilla (10-count for you already thrifty people!), large Peter Pan peanut butter, 2 Dt. Coke plastic 6-pks, 2 liter Coke, 7-UP, and A&W Rootbeer, VFusion Tropical Orange drink, Smucker's Jam, Chicken Taco seasoning packet, store brand crackers, 2 Snapples, 3 packages of fresh chicken breasts--Buy One get Two free, almost four pounds of bananas, chocolate-strawberry Yoplait Delights pack, head of lettuce, loaf of Nature's Own bread, Edy's chocolate ice cream, Gorton's Fish sticks--30 count, 2 Digorno Pizza w/breadsticks combos, 2 Country Crock spreadable butters, Tropicana No Pulp orange juice carton, 2 gallons milk, 9 oz. Oscar Meyer shaved ham, 2 packages of Nathan's hot dogs, one large container of mixed lettuce with walnuts and cranberries and... one box of Spider-Man band-aids.

How do you like them apples?!?!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! I love some good bargins..you hit TONS of them all at once, way to go! I was talking to Rick the other day and asked how much money we'd have to be making for me not to be excited about/searching for a good bargin...pretty sure it will ALWAYS be fun. Congrats! What store do you guys have up there that we need here??

Brett M said...

Way to go! I get really excited about that too. I like to come home and say, "look how much I saved!" but Ben doesn't always see it that way... :-)

WendyJ said...

Good job! None of the stores here in WA double or triple coupons. I just started getting the Sun. paper to get all the good coupons, but so far, I'm not having much luck. Is there a web-site you use to help you find all these bargains?

Liz said...

Awesome! Sometimes I wish I lived closer to town so that I could get the bargains and use my coupons successfully.