- We all know about having to drink bottled water in so many other countries, but I just recently had a friend write this: In order to make it safe to eat you have to soak apples in a bleach solution for about 20 minutes. Seriously. With all the dirt, parasites, pathogens and whatever else is floating around down here it's the safest way to go. Oh, latin america... I think I appreciate my produce a little bit more, huh?
- I drop Parker off at preschool and McKenna and I go run several errands. Lately, she has been falling asleep in the car after the second errand. So, I pull into our little drive and read a book in the car for an hour while she sleeps, before we go back and pick Parker up.
- One night Jeremy can home and told me that he wouldn't leave the house the next day until one in the afternoon and that if I wanted to go do "things" without any kids in the morning, that I could. I think I tossed and turned all night trying to devise a plan. In the morning, I was still torn. I had five errands to run, but absolutely no kids. I ran one errand and then went and got a manicure. Sitting at the last light before the nail salon, I was still torn as to which was the better choice!
- I like the well-known blog "Nie Nie's Diaries". That can always put a good perspective on life. (If you don't know it, check out: http://www.nieniedialogues.blogspot.com/ )
- I have central air and heat in my house. I own a dishwasher, refrigerator, stove, oven, microwave, vacuum cleaner, and a washer and dryer. In addition to this, I have a deep freezer. Plus, on top of a regular computer, we also own two laptops. We have a GPS. My cell phone has internet. And, if that's not a little bit of luxury, I have one iPod and Jeremy has two (one for running and one for watching movies when he's out of town/on an airplane). If you really want excessive, we are finally "down" to one very nice regular stroller, one umbrella stroller, one double-umbrella stroller, and one double jogging stroller.
- I think it's all about "Blessings" and "Perspective."
Monday, March 14, 2011
Random Thoughts on some "Blessings and Perspectives"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment