Madison came home from school yesterday and was doing her homework at the kitchen table. I was sitting across from her reading a book, making sure she stayed "on task." I pack a lunch for her four out of every five days, each week. Over the past couple weeks, her lunchbox has come back home with either the sandwich or the applesauce still in it, untouched. Here's how the conversation went:
M: I was still hungry at lunch today.
S: Madison, you haven't been eating it all lately.
M: I did today.
S: Okay.
M: So, I went and bought some food.
S: Okay, what did you buy?
M: Macaroni and Cheese.
S: Macaroni and cheese?
M: Yes, and it came with a muffin.
S: A muffin?
M: Yes, the lunchlady said it had to.
I'm still confused. Did she really eat her lunchbox food? Was the macaroni and cheese, with the muffin, on the lunch menu yesterday, or just "a la carte" items? Did she really want the macaroni and cheese...or did she really want the muffin? Did she eat both? Am I going to have another lunch conversation like this?
Does she normally think like this? Or what part of this is normal? Can I apply this "reasoning" to other areas of her life?
So, I had an enlightning conversation about her lunch, but I still walked away confused! The joys...
2 comments:
she's hilarious. let me know if you solve the mystery! I'd love to know why mac 'n cheese "has" to come with a muffin ... and what kind of muffin would be an appropriate compliment to mac 'n cheese?
That's hilarious! Sorry I'm so behind on my blog-reading - I've been trying to focus on prepping for packing - but it's been so fun to catch up on you guys tonight. Your trip to NY sounds awesome! I've gotta go to Niagara Falls and Palmyra now. :-)
Post a Comment