Jeremy and Sarah decided that one of the best things about taking a "vacation" without kids is the sleep. There wasn't anyone there to: get up in the middle of the night, cry in the middle of the night, crawl in bed with you in the middle of the night, squish you over to the edge of the king-sized bed, breathe in your face, get up early... One of the best night's of sleep in recent memory.
We started the day off at the northern most part of Central Park:
Then, we visited the Guggenheim Museum:
Then, we visited the Metropolitan Museum of Art:
| Above and Below: An Egyptian tomb with the Museum's large wall of glass windows |
| Above: one of the many "period rooms", this is Frank Lloyd Wright's design |
| Sarah was fascinated with the "Open Storage Room" where everything was hung/displayed in tight quarters with walls of glass enclosing everything...highly efficient! |
Just over two blocks, we visited the outside of the Manhattan LDS Temple:
After all of this, we headed for Times Square. We found out that there is a ticket sales place that sells tickets 1/2 off for that day's show. Sign us up! We viewed "Catch Me If You Can." (Yes, just like the movie based off the true story of the con-artist. Yes, it was very good. Yes, it should win some of the awards it'll probably win.)
We had dinner and walked back to the hotel, exhausted but thrilled to have accomplished so much and grateful for such wonderful weather!
3 comments:
What a fun getaway! I love NY and will go back as many times as I can. I think Cat is old enough to enjoy some of the things the city has to offer now, too, and I've often daydreamed about a girls weekend with my Mom and sisters and my oh-so-mature 5 year old. That was mostly when Little Mermaid and Mary Poppins were still on Broadway, though. :-) I don't know if they're both still there.
Sounds like a fairy tale, did you say sleep? Fun to read about your trip and madison's baptism. Congrats!
Looks like a lot of fun. Now if I could just get Ron convinced to go there with me for a couple of days.
Post a Comment