Sunday, August 1, 2010

Days 8-14 (July 26-Aug 1) Grandma and Grandpa's

We left Independence for a 20-hour drive south to Sarasota, FL.  We stopped one night somewhere between Chattanooga and Atlanta.  It was a long drive.  Somewhere during this time, Parker started a fever and a cough, McKenna started having hundreds of spots appear on her skin, and the fuse in the van (that held the power for the speedometer, gas gauge, and...wait for it...the blinkers) kept blowing out.

I don't know what I did in the previous week to deserve this "karma" but all was right with the world when we found McDonald's, discovered closets with shoes at infant-level, and swam in Grandma and Grandpa's pool:


(yes, she fell asleep!)

Of course, re-discovering the beach (Siesta Key) is also a perk:

(yes, Parker is asleep too...you'd wonder what they do at night at this point?)

2 comments:

Stephenie said...

So much fun! I love going to the beach with my children. Hey, I see you are on Goodreads. So am I. I tried to find you but couldn't. WOuld love to be friends on there.

Celeste said...

Wow. That's a lot of frustration in a short period of time! I'm glad there was a bit of a light at the end of that tunnel in the form of grandparent therapy. On another note, I can't believe how big and beautiful McKenna is getting!!