Ballet is the foundation for all dance classes. Madison had three years of the ballet/tap classes while we lived in Georgia. Then, we took a year off when we moved here and did all kinds of classes through the Parks and Rec. Then, we took another year to try some more classes. Finally, I put my foot down and reminded everyone that we had to get back to a full year's worth of dance and recitals...that we'd put too much money into walking away from them and that they needed to pick one class that they really wanted to be in and decide if it was something that they'd like to continue doing as they grew up or not.
Madison chose ballet. (Which is interesting because Allison had become to despise it after a while.) She started last night and has it for a full hour. In true "Madison-style," she liked it but showed little ambivilance. Atleast I'm not dragging her there. And you never can tell until towards the end of the year...
I sat out in the car with the other kids watching DVDs, so I missed most of class. Here's just a little shot of her in "action." It's more of a cute exercise than ballet, though.
1 comment:
I really wanted Cat to take the Dance I class at the rec center here, but it was full. It was supposed to be a basic introduction to various types of dance and I thought it would help her figure out what she likes and doesn't like. Instead, she's in ballet, and I'm not sure she'll do it again. She doesn't love it. So if ballet is the foundation of all dance, is my daughter doomed??? Hopefully she won't have to wait until she begins cheerleading as a teenager to learn some coordination, as is the case with her mother.
Post a Comment