In our house, "Murphy's Law" is that if Jeremy is gone, something will happen. Jeremy's had trips that have had him on an airplane, in a meeting, back on the airplane and landed in 24 hours and we've still had "Murphy's Law." Longer trips make us anxious about how many things will happen!
Right about the time that Jeremy was publishing his last post about his wonderful, 4-ish week long trip, I was walking out the the Emergency Room. Not bad to have made it that long without anything, right?! Must have been feeling a little too happy about it.
The culprit: Jeremy's nice bike that is currently sitting in my nice breakfast room. Why? Basically, Jeremy has sat the bike outside and not taken much care of it. So, before leaving, he had a nice (aka expensive) tune-up done on it. Then, proceeded to leave it in the house. Somewhere in here I apparently didn't argue back enough.
The outcome: while trying to reach over it, and behind the rocking chair that sits in front of it, to reach some pasta on that shelf you see I managed to cut and puncture my leg. Trip to the Emergency Room was in order. For a $75 co-pay, today I learned that yes it would normally need stitches, but no, because of the puncture part (deep) they would not for fear of infection. I have "permanent" butterfly bandages to hold it together until they stop sticking.
So, I e-mailed Jeremy to let him know what happened and his exact response was (I quote), "Are you going to be mad when I get home?" Um, yeah, you and "Murphy" are not my favorite people right now.
3 comments:
It's never fun when husbands have to leave... but you just take the cake! Yikes is right.
I hope he makes it up to you when he gets home!
Oh no! So sorry to hear that! Hope it heals quickly, and yes, some pampering should be in order when he returns!
Post a Comment