Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Hershey Park

A couple months ago, Jeremy and I asked the kids what was the one thing in this area of where we live that they'd want to do again.  It was unanimous.  They wanted to go back to Hershey Park.  So much for history and education.

Monday night:  (Here, outside the park)
(One thing I love about Hershey are all the various kid-sized rides.  There is plenty for younger and older kids alike.  This first picture doesn't do this ride justice.  McKenna was screaming...of laughter and the girls were teaching her to hold her hands up in the air.)

 Tuesday:



(The big "Pirate Ship"...they have a smaller one for little kids...that rocks back and forth high up into the sky.)
(This time around we did the water park section.  Here's us on the Lazy River.  No pictures of us previously on something that I could call "The Plunge" and you all would know what I could be referring to...)


Hershey Park also has "Chocolate World" outside its gates.  Last time we took "the tour" and made sundaes.  This time we were going to create our own chocolate bar with their chocolate workers, but everyone was on the brink of...well, you know.  So, we did the short, quick version of learning how the factory workers pack pre-packaged Kisses into plastic boxes for sale.

Then, we let everyone pick out their own "giant"  (this is bigger than "king") sized candy bar.
Then, we stopped through McDonald's and drove home three hours, almost completely oblivious to the highly unusual 5.9 magnitude earthquake that happened 1-1/2 hours from our house.  Great success!

Pictures from our last trip to Hershey are at the very end of this post:
http://thedastrupdish.blogspot.com/2010/06/memorial-day-weekend.html

2 comments:

Liz said...

Looks like a lot of fun. I probably would have picked the same place!

Unknown said...

Ooo our kids have been begging to make a trip up there! Looks like lots of fun! I can't believe ya'll had an earthquake when I saw it on the news...didn't think it was possible if you weren't on a fault line. I love that Madison picked Twizzlers for her treat...at Hershey, really??