We had our traditional family dinner consisting of red items. This year it was baked chicken sitting on olive oil and garlic, topped with crutons, and covered with marinara sauce (the red part) and Parmesan and Mozzarella cheeses. We also had mashed potatoes, and I dyed them pink. I wasn't "on the ball" with the strawberries, so we settled for oranges. We also had our customary Martinelli's Sparkling Cider.
Dessert was well-liked but not super-fancy, too. I made peanut butter cookies and swapped the Hershey kisses for chocolate hearts:
Jeremy provided the roses (and the See's chocolates):
On Tuesday, the kids handed their Valentine's out:In the middle of everyone's coming's and going's Tuesday (Valentine's) night, I did provide a favorite crockpot dinner (Creamy Crockpot Chicken...the cream cheese is probably a helpful favorite taste) and let them eat the rest of the cupcakes left over from baking for Madison's class party. Sarah's cousin Niki came over to babysit while Sarah and Jeremy went out to the movies to see the current hit "The Vow."
Another Happy Valentine's Day!
1 comment:
Looks like fun. One of these days (years) I think I will make my family a pink Valentines dinner.
Post a Comment