Thursday, July 12, 2012

The flight

Sarah sold Jeremy's car while he was gone for a month.  When he came back they shared the van for a week and a half.  Then, they sold Sarah's van to Carmax the night before the flight.  That morning they'd picked a Suburban up.

Yes, a Suburban will hold 8 suitcases, 7 carry-ons, 6 people, 2 car seats, and one regular stroller...barely.

Here's what Allison wrote about the flight.  I stole it out of an e-mail she'd sent off to friends.


It is 8:13 p.m. on Thursday for you guys and 8:13 a.m. on Friday for me. I already miss everyone. I'll start my story from Dulles Airport. I think you guys know what Dulles Airport looks like. We were at gate C3 and flying on United Airlines. The first plane took us to Japan which was 13 hours away nonstop. It really wasn't that bad, actually. We left a half hour early. We had to go through security in Japan. At the Japanese Airport they had this store called
Diar. The store was huge and basically everywhere. The toilets were really weird. At the other stores, you couldn't find any milk. We were gate 59A at the Japanese Airport. We flew on a plane where a whole bunch of Airlines owned the plane. Then we flew 7 1/2 hours nonstop to Singapore and were 15 minutes early. Then a van took us to our apartment on the 34th floor. There are a lot of buildings and trees. The buildings are small but really tall. I already have my time/sleeping schedule changed. Yesterday we went shopping, walked around, and went to the pool. Now I'm here today writing this e-mail. In a few weeks I will be attending the Singapore American International School (SAS).

No comments: