We returned home Monday night. On Tuesday, I started doing laundry from the trip and catching up in the house, as much as I could, because on Wednesday I had a large dinner to take to a family, Thursday a Relief Society Luau to put on, Friday a Medieval/Renaissance Fair to contribute to, and Saturday a Birthday BBQ to host. Somewhere in the middle of the shopping and preparations for all of that I sewed a required Medieval/Renaissance costume for Allison.
Here's what it looked like:
Yeah, that was all good until I put it on her so that I could determine the length to be hemmed. Her arm wouldn't fit in the sleeves. Jeremy was going to take my kitchen shears and open up the seam. Problem. There is a bodice lining...with sleeves. There are the sleeves themselves. There is the long sleeve attached to both lining and dress sleeves. All three fabrics are sewn together, plus the trim. Ummm, NO, we can't just cut open the sleeves, we have to take half the dress apart. I don't have time for this, I have to go to above-mentioned Luau. Dress is needed the next morning. On way to Luau, we are stopping at a party store and buying this, and calling Jeremy at home to ask Allison if she'd mind wearing this instead:
Can you hear my sigh?!
3 comments:
Awww. Poor baby. She must have been so disappointed.The dress is pretty. Great work.
I feel your pain :) I've been having the worst time with sewing projects lately. I'm 0 for 3. Everything I've made has included a drastic mistake discovered at the very last step. ?!?!?!
No way. That dress is amazing. How sad!!! I hope Allison was a good sport about it - I'm guessing you were the more disappointed one of the two!
Post a Comment