I had the chance to stop by where the government families get to stay for 3 months (while finding a place to live) when they are moved to Singapore. This center building is a serviced apartment in downtown Singapore (meaning it is like living in a hotel), but the apartment is about 2200 square feet with 4 bedrooms and the government pays all cost for up to 3 months. Not bad!
I visited the harbor area of downtown Singapore as well. This is the Sands Hotel/Casino that was build just a year or two ago. It is huge! What you see is the hotel towers with the viewing platform on top. What you don't see is the two huge 4 story buildings at the bottom that house a giant mall and casino. All the stores are high end so needless to say I could not afford to buy anything there. One wing of the mall (about 100 stores) was nothing but high end jewelry stores next to each other. I have never seen that before.
From the top platform you could see the main Singapore shipping port (one of the largest in the world), the harbor with ships just waiting to off and on load, and all of Southern Singapore.
One of the funniest things that I saw was this sign. It was posted outside the hotel casino entrance and is a very detailed list of how you can get help if you are addicted to gambling. Are you serious? That is like legally selling crack out of a store on the street and then posting signs all over the walls of the store saying how addictive crack is and all the free resources around that can help you never come back to this legal store that is dependent on your business...wait a minute...maybe it is not that bad of an idea.
Northern Singapore from the air.
3 comments:
Wow! It looks amazing! And happy birthday to Jeremy. I hope your next 40 years are as exciting as the first 40. :-)
Really!! Are you crazy? I hope my next 40 years are a lot less stressful and slower paced.
That looks amazing! You're going to live there one day, right? Amazing.
Post a Comment