Have to tell you about this. This is my first picture and it was taken in the Tokyo airports bathroom. I just could not believe it. It is a no brainer that they should exist, but it never crossed my mind that a mom might want to put her child in a seat (so they can't get away) while they use the toilet. Oh, and guess what...this is a mens stall!
What Jeremy is going to eat for his actual birthday, Sarah you would love this place.
Pastries like these and the bread shop below are everywhere in Singapore!
This is the view from my hotel room on the 20th floor. I am staying at the Marriot hotel in downtown Singapore. The haze is just early morning humidity, not smog. There are buidings everywhere and they are still building more.
I guess the building codes are different here because this is a group of houses surrounded by tall buildings in the middle of town. Strange? Well, I guess I am not in Kansas anymore.
Below are some pictures from the corner of the street, in front of my hotel. I am staying on Orchard Rd, which is considered the high class shopping center of the island. Sarah and I recently made a short trip to NYC and pretty much saw the whole town. After seeing the downtown part of Singapore...NYC has nothing on it!!! I mean if a city could be jealous then NYC would be crying if it saw this place. The pictures below don't do it justice.
There are indoor shopping malls everywhere. And they are huge, modern, and high-tec. They always have a lot of food in them and the food courts are gigantic and tasty!!
Here is a picture of the base housing. This one is a duplex. Everyone says they are nice, but the homes on the local market are much better.
These are some views from a local bus stop by the Navy base. It helps to remind you that wherever there are no buildings...there is jungle. This is one of the greenest places I have ever been...and I have been in the Amazon before.
No comments:
Post a Comment