Tuesday, June 28, 2011

THE MOVIE: CARS 2

I decided not to brave any length of crowded lines on Friday, the first day of the new Disney movie, Cars 2.  Nor did I decide it'd be a good time trying it the following day.  Parker has known for quite some time, exactly what date it opened.  Does that give you any indication of how obsessed we are around here of this franchise?  As the day neared, I gently reminded him that we were not going to go on the day all the t.v., magazine, DVD, store, cereal box, toy car, etc. etc. advertisements listed.  In his browline, you could see his polite concern over when he actually would!  I knew that he would not make it another 2-ish weeks until Jeremy came home.  So, my nearby aunt came over after work on Monday and just Parker and I went out.

Most of the time he was glued to the screen.  Some of the time his legs and feet were bouncing around in thrill, anticipation, and excitement.  One favorite was where both of his fists were clenched and held up just below his ears.  We had one dreaded moment...he had to use the restroom about 3/4 of the way through!  He ran to the restroom...and RAN back!

He loved it and immediately asked how soon the DVD comes out.  I don't think that they've advertised that yet?

My camera phone did not take good pictures inside the movie theater, so I took a picture in the house of what Parker chose to put on right before we went out the door (Mater) and a picture of what the "kids combo" looked like.  I'm not sure who's jaw dropped further on the later.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ah we went and saw it the weekend it came out...I bought the tickets in the morning and was surprised it wasn't as crazy as I thought it would be. I love when movies come out that they can get sooo excited about, the anticipation is just as much fun as the movie. Our kids loved it, I preferred the first one. Parker is looking soooo grown up these days!