Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Gingerbread Houses

For the Family Home Evening activity this past Monday night, we put a gingerbread house and a gingerbread train together. I now know why more people don't do these, and why I am usually one of them. I did purchase the kits this year. Next year we will hot glue them together and add the icing for decoration. Like most people, we had "difficulties" with the roof wanting to stay in place! Here are the fun, finished pictures:

2 comments:

Unknown said...

They turned out so cute! We've never done the train, it looks like it might be easier? The kits are WAY easier than doing them from scratch though. Our kids begged for one last year, we've lucked out so far this year and they haven't mentioned them. The only down side to the kits...they're hard as a rock when it's time to eat them. Neither of the kids would eat any of it last year.

Brett M said...

If you want to make your own gingerbread house, I think graham crackers around a small school-sized milk carton is the easiest way to go. It's still not going to look perfect, but there is some structural support and not much of it shows through. Our family usually sticks with just the gingerbread men!