Sunday, December 20, 2009

The snow has stopped

It started snowing here Friday night (before bed) and did not stop until late (after bed) Saturday night. On Saturday, we all got bundled up and went out to play in it. Allison had an 18-inch ruler. She measured 16" in some places, and in other places the ruler was not long enough. This was in the middle of the afternoon with still more to continue. The news on Saturday night did say that this was the most snowfall in December that the area had EVER seen! Madison made snow angels. They all made snow balls...and threw them.

Even McKenna was bundled up and covered. She sat on the front porch with snow coming down while the kids played and Sarah shoveled.

This is the final outcome: Our back deck. Madison's scooter handle bars are sticking up. You can barely see one of Parker's tricycle handles below.

This is my car (in the middle) buried under the snow. I don't think I'm going anywhere for a while!

This is Madison going down the hill across the street from us. She is with Allison, two neighbor friends, and their dad.

Shout out to Jeremy: can't wait until you get here to enjoy with us!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Holy cow that is a ton of snow! I bet the kids had a blast since you havent lived around snow in awhile. We'headed back from NC right now and got to play in it, but they only got about 6 inches enough to have fun in though. The sledding sure looks fun!

amberandbyron said...

so NOT jealous! fun for the kids, not the parents who have to shovel and bundle everyone up.

TheAlbrechtSquad said...

Wow..I wanted a little bit of snow but now I think I'll retract that for fear we'd end up with THAT, LOL

Enjoy!

Liz said...

I can't believe you have had so much snow. We hardly have any, which is okay by me. Lots of fun for the kids. What a change after Georgia!