Sunday, December 6, 2009

First Snow!

We received our first snowfall here in Virginia yesterday. Allison had been talking for the past few days about how the weatherman had been saying that there was a 75% chance that we would receive some. The first picture is only mid-morning. It continued snowing for the remainder of the day. We ended up with somewhere around 4 inches. I had not yet given any thought to the boots...even though I'd already purchased the coats, snowpants, earmuffs, gloves, hats, etc., etc. Nor had I given any thought to the boots even with Allison's constant reminders from the weathermen. Fortunately, we still had shovels and ice-scrapers (from three houses ago) in order to tromp out in the big, wet flakes to purchase the boots. Once we had the boots, they were happy to be out in the snow, so I suppose it was all worth it. Now, we just need the sleds!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh how fun the first snow fall of the year is! I don't miss cold winters, but I do miss getting to play in the snow and going tubbing/sledding every once in awhile. It's such a shame that Blake and Ashlyn will never know the joy of a "Snow Day" and school being cancelled. They'd say that your kids are sooooo lucky!

Brett M said...

Hmmm... I wonder when our first snow day will be? :-) I hope you had a fun day together, after you found boots!